SC - Food processors

Groulx, Michelle MGroulx at NRCan.gc.ca
Tue Nov 24 08:23:47 PST 1998

Stefan asked...
While I will probably go look up what Consumers Reports says, I'm curious
to find out how many of you really use a food processor for medieval type
cooking? And if so, what do you use it for? Are there any features I
should look for? Any that are worthless or that I should avoid? Which
accessories/blades have you found useful?

I always use it when I can for feasts. Unless of course, I am trying to
recreate a receipt using medieval techniques. I love my food processor and
even though it is only a Braun (albeit 15 years old, believe me it makes a
difference) I am looking forward to a whole kitchen of "Kitchen Aid" stuff
sometime soon.

Stefan by reading up on food processors you will see that for mid to upscale
price for home use, Kitchen Aid is by far the most superior. There are
others out there, but they are exorbitantly more expensive and while
definitely on my wish list....

This is what Kitchen Aid says about their product:
Kitchen Aid's Ultra Power(tm) series food processor. Finally a food
processor that is easy to use, and cleans up in seconds. A processing sensor
automatically adjusts the power for a consistent, even speed. The Clean
Touch(tm) control pad with pulse feature wipes clean with no crevices to
trap ingredients. This wonderful machines includes a 11 cup bowl for those
big jobs, a mini bowl for smaller jobs, 3 discs (thin
slicing/shredding, medium shredding, and medium slicing), multi purpose
blade, dough blade, accessory storage box, and quick lock lid. Available in
4 designer colors.

All for $175.00 u.s.

One thing I would like to say about Kitchen Aid is that all their blades
etc. can be intermingled between different models. For instance, my Mothers
Mix Master (sounds kinky doesn't it?) is prolly almost 45 years old and she
can lend my cousin her attachments for her 5 year old one! Hows that for
consistency?! One other thing, is that the housing is extremely durable!!

Micaylah
Anybody got a grand to lend me??