SC - Bones and shells

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Nov 24 20:51:24 PST 1998

Ras commented:

> At a good many of our events (to be read all camping events) pets are not only
> allowed but encouraged so few meat scraps see the trach bin. :-) I remember a
> particular event where a big dog (a wolf-sheperd-lab cross or some such) sat
> the entire time by my chair staring at me with moist eyes just waiting for
> scraps. When I gave a particular nice tidbit to one of the other animals
> roaming around, this big bear of a dog actually wept tears. :-0

Do we have any evidence of folks feeding dogs from the table in period this
way? Perhaps in an illumination or a written report of a feast? I can well
imagine some pampered lap dog being fed by hand by the Lady of the castle.
What about big hunting dogs? Or were they always kept in a seperate area?

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous
  stefan at texas.net