SC - Rastons experiment

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Nov 25 18:26:28 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/25/98 8:23:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, stefan at texas.net
writes:

<< The stewed meat and onions sounds good, but wouldn't it overwhelm the
buttered
 bread so that it wouldn't matter if it was a raston or a plain loaf?

 Stefan li Rous >>

This is purely personal  opinion.

I think that the butter would add an elegant richness to the meat. I often
times eat leftover meat dishes (e.fg. stew, meat and gravy) reheated and
served on hot buttered toast. I don't feel that it overwhelms anything but
rather raises the level of a leftover meat to exciting heights. :-) So far as
relating this to period service is concerned, one of the many neglected and
common dishes was assorted concoctions served over 'sops'. Thanks to my
Irish/PA Dutch/Amerind background I was introduced to this delicious
combination early in life.

Ras

Ras