SC - reference help

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Mon Nov 30 12:10:11 PST 1998

Greetings to all under the rock,

Are there any English majors out there who could privately post me
Grimm's Consonant Shift?  I can't find my notes (shucks--only been a few
decades and a few dozen moves!).  I'm trying to equate some of the German
recipes with Mediterranean ones, and think the consonantal shift will
help.  For those not familiar with it, think 'fader' and 'father' and see
how the d and th equate; but, I don't remember all of them, or the dates.

I think that the German 'kraffen' may be a crepe--or something like
Alia's 'leaf' of dough [blatter]; then again, one of the recipies I read
this morning seems to come out like a baked, filled coffee cake ring!
Back to the dictionary!!!

Regards,

Allison
allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA