SC - Thanksgiving

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Mon Nov 30 17:32:52 PST 1998

Bear you asked, a long time ago...
>I'm curious about the Canadian Thanksgiving.  I know it was first celebrated
>November 6, 1879 and that it was moved to a Monday in October in 1931, but
>that is about all I know.  What does the holiday commemorate?

We, more or less, celebrate in the traditions of the States but its nowhere
near as big a deal. Basically for most of us it's just another long weekend
where we eat too much. We are taught in primary school that Thanksgiving is
when we give thanks for all that we have. They go on to cite the history of
your country...the pilgrims et al.

So while its not the holiday you have, it is still based on the merits of
family, friends, football and food.

Caylee

"Man, you ain't lived
Till you've had your tires rotated