OT and silly - Re: SC - Table Puppies

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Nov 30 15:39:39 PST 1998

Shari Burnham wrote:

> I remember reading in
> one of the "life in a medieval (fill in blank)" they talked about keeping their
> dogs in the stable, but never really specified what kind of dog.

I can't get real specific, but these must be like the dogs one wouldn't
send a knight out on...

>  And what about
> the smaller dogs we use for lapdogs?  I know some of them were "ladies/empress'
> dogs" in china, just as expensive pets.

These are very ancient breeds from Lapland, and existed throughout
period with a brief respite of fashionability during the career of (I'm
blanking out on the name of the painter whose name people sometimes use
as a polite euphemism for f--I mean, plump) what'zizzname, during which
period ladies did not have laps.

I hope this clears things up!

Adamantius
Østgardr, East