SC - Meals and other observations-OOP

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Mon Nov 30 19:51:02 PST 1998

>Curiously, there seemed to be a decided lack of pork products which
>caused me to look in Le Manegier...
>Ras

Our household has grown so that none of our houses has room to sit
everyone to dinner at once.  So, we rented the "Shac", a wonderful modern
log cabin owned by the Synagogue attended by one of the families in our
household.  So, Biblical Kosher was the order of the day, no pork, (or
other cloven hooves), no seafood, no birds of prey (hadn't known about
that one before), and no meat with dairy dishes (we set the dairy and
meat dishes on opposite tables).  I would have liked ham, or something
with bacon, but couldn't do it.  We had plenty of food, though, we always
do!
	Christianna