SC - Thanksgiving and i need a recipe

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Nov 30 22:16:40 PST 1998

Margali,

> I made all of the sweet goods [including the cranberry sauce] with 'splenda'
> [sucralose] brought down from Canada for me by Freya[thanks, freya!!!] and I
> couldn't tell it from sugar in the resulting pies[traditional pumpkin
> custard,
> apple custard[just like pumpkin but with unsweetened applesauce], egg
> custard
> and mincemeat with venison] Bakes wonderfully without being affected by the
> heat.

Thanks for the info. Do you know if it is possible to order this stuff from
Canada by mail-order? Or is it illegal to mail the stuff into the US? I'm
diabetic and this could be useful.

The other thing I wish I could find was more of the orange drink which
was a mixture of orange juice and orange drink made with nutrasweet. I
first saw some in the store when I was at Pennsic XXV. I found a brand
here, but now while they carry that brand of regular orange juice, I
can't find the one with nutrasweet anymore. And yes, orange juice tastes
better, but I shouldn't have that much orange juice. :-(

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net