SC - Definitely OT: Ghee and Bamboo steamers

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Sun Nov 1 17:05:55 PST 1998

Bamboo steamers are great for making chinese dumplings.  You place water or
broth in a wok, bring it to a boil, place the steamer over it. You can place
lettuce leaves on the bottom of the steamer then place the dumplings on top...
cover and cook.
As for ghee. It is used in indian food. it is basically clarified butter  and is
used to sautee or fry foods.

what a great birthday present!
happy birthday.

meadhbh

Michelle wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> recently it was my birthday and my boyfriend's brother and his girlfriend
> put together a food basket for me - all the food was put in to a bamboo
> steamer basket, which included amongst other things, a tub of ghee.
>
> I don't know how to use a bamboo steamer, nor do I know any recipes that
> use Ghee - can anyone here help out??
>
> Michelle

- --
ÿWPCT