SC - Which books?

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 2 17:55:03 PST 1998

Hello cooks!

I know the topic has come up generally, but my request is a little more
specific.

The autocrat put a bare bones announcement for our April event in the current
baronial newsletter.  Nobody can ever say she doesn't plan ahead!  It seems
that "A late period Renaissance feast will be offered, for in the mind of the
autocrat, it is always 1531." I've had offers of the loan of books.  With that
quotation in mind, which books do I want to borrow?  If one of
you experienced cooks were faced with this, what is the first book you would
reach for?  And per chance, what recipe might you be hunting up?

>From the cooks I was helping this weekend I was hearing bad things about the
site she has chosen. Something about a residential stove and all the burners
not working. But, Katherine stepped in to assure us that the kitchen is
entirely renovated and fully capable of preparing a meal to serve the 200 the
hall will sit.  I must have gotten that deer in the headlights look
considering how quickly she rushed to assure me that I would only be feeding
100 and the rest of the hall left open for off board. Really.  Promise.  Cross
her heart.  She notes in the newsletter that because of the large feast hall,
the A&S organizer is hoping to arrange fo entertainment during feast.  That
gives me some breathing room in my timing of dishes, yes?

Thanks in advance for the book advice.

Bonne de Traquair