SC - Which books?

Peggy A. Stonnell izzie at vcn.bc.ca
Tue Nov 3 06:51:10 PST 1998

On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Bonne wrote:

> Hello cooks!
Greatings to you, m'lady

<snip>

> that "A late period Renaissance feast will be offered, for in the mind of the
> autocrat, it is always 1531." I've had offers of the loan of books.  With that

It would be of help to know where in Europe as well as when, especialy
when dealing with such a late date.  The differences between what was
being served in England, veris Italy will be noticable, for example.

Its a matter of what foodstuffs where avalible.  What was a novelty in
England was ordinary in Italy.

Isobel fitz Gilbert
Company of Provisioners, Lions Gate, An Tir