SC - Question on Butters

Peters, Rise J. PetersR at spiegelmcd.com
Thu Nov 5 05:47:00 PST 1998

Micaylah wrote:

>> With this we are serving bread and herbed and honey butters (of
course). How much butter should I do if we are feeding approximately 120? I
have done two pounds but think another pound or two would be a good idea.

I just went through this same process this past weekend!  (Even down to the
beef y-stewd).  And we went very overboard on butter, we had about half a
pound per table of 8 (there were these neat little crocks to put it in and
we just got carried away).  The  majority of it came back, I would say that
most tables went through about 3/4 of a stick for a group of 8, and about a
loaf and a half of bread.  So I'd suggest 1 stick for 8 to 10 people, that's
12 to 15 sticks for 120 people, call it four pounds and you'll have a little
left over.

Of course, there was savory toasted cheese available (on the broccoli) so
it's possible they were putting that on the bread and thus going light on
cheese; I wasn't in the feast hall so I couldnt' tell.

=Caitlin