SC - A plea for help with presentation

CONNECT at aol.com CONNECT at aol.com
Fri Nov 6 11:10:48 PST 1998

Good Gentles,

I'm looking for information on feast presentation--specifically how the food
was brought in.

It's very likely that I'll be doing the feast at our Barony's proposed event
in June--the Feast of St. Bacchus. (Yes, we know Bacchus is a Roman god. It's
a joke.)

The books I have are all receipes, with next to nothing about how the feast
was presented. I'm hoping to get help on finding sources for a "floating
feast" or a "moving buffet" arrangement.

What I have in mind is bringing out the food in a sort of parade, stopping at
the tables for people to help themselves, and then the food moves on. Everyone
would be able to help themselves to the food that interests them, and then the
dish moves on down the line.

The servers will be dressed for the occasion--keeping with the festive idea of
the whole day. I also believe this approach will keep leftovers down to a
minimum, as a large platter will serve more than 8-10 people.

Does anyone have information that such was done in period?

Yours very gratefully,
Lady Rosalyn MacGregor, PF
(Pattie Rayl)