SC - Streaky Bacon other bacons

Jgoldsp at aol.com Jgoldsp at aol.com
Fri Nov 6 15:16:38 PST 1998

Now to add to our mutual permutations if you live in an area with a heavy
Italian influence food wise you will come across an Italian style bacon called
panchetta.
This is the belly of the hog or pig trimmed up seasoned rolled and cured some
people slice it thin and eat as is so it is like Canadian or Irish bacon. Now
around here you can buy it in the Italian deli we use it in our antipasto
plates and chopped up for a seasoning in cooking carbanara sauce for pasta
comes right to mind. Polenta dishes it is very good and I have used it when
period Italian recipes called for bacon, some people call it heresy I call it
good eating  Well got to run have a cheese cake period style in the oven and a
Pastrium pie ttfn: Joram