SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #1053

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Mon Nov 9 10:41:39 PST 1998

Summer kitchen will be the range from the kitchen[electric ;-(] as soon as we get a new one
[gas ;-)],  the freezer, just to get it out of the main house, plenty of counter space with
a good porcelain sink, ample storeage for the god-pots [anything i have over 12 qts] and
the space for my fermenters, the cheese press, the meat grinder, the meat slicer, the cider
barrel and my rompot crock. We have a 3 storey 20x30 barn, the kitchen will be in about
1/4th of the second floor [the rest will be bookshelves and my sca gear] We already have
moved our bedroom to the top floor, and it will be finished being plumbed by the spring.

> Margali, you are so lucky, it has been our dream to find a beautiful barn and refinish it
> into our house.  Are you going to keep teasing us or will you just tell us what you plan
> to build for your summer kitchen?  anything special that the list will drool over?

It will probable be on the market in about 6 years [Rob is getting out of the navy after 20
then, and we may be moving to the southwest.

> When did your cider barrel come to you?  And where do you live that we can beg a cup of
> cider?

Great Grandfather bought it when he built the house I was born in in 1885, it lived in the
celler until my parents sold it. Since the early 70's it lived at my parents cottage until
they sold it last fall, and it has been with me since then.

Mundanely, we are in eastern CT, though I am pretty sure we will be ib Bakhail for Yule, if
I have anything to say in the matter.

margali