SC - Sausage

Donna Hrynkiw donna at Kwantlen.BC.CA
Mon Nov 9 13:33:33 PST 1998

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Melissa Martines wrote:
> OK, I need help!! I am going crazy trying to figure out proportions for a
> sausage recipe [...]
> Well, I can't figure out how much fat to the meat should be used.  For
> example, if I use 5 lbs. of pork, how much fat?  Also, what KIND of fat?
> Morgan MacBride
> Meridies

I learned sausage-making from my parents who learned it from their
parents. The rule-of-thumb seems to be one part pork fat for three parts
lean meat. The proportions go to one part fat/two parts lean meat if the
lean meat is wild (deer, moose, etc).

E.B.
Gaudium est in Factio (The Joy is in the Doing.)
Mistress Elizabeth "E.B." Braidwood, Northern Region, An Tir
braidwood at antir.sca.org  or donna at kwantlen.bc.ca