SC - what do you think of my redaction?

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Nov 9 19:14:42 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/9/98 3:51:32 PM Eastern Standard Time, Seton1355 at aol.com
writes:

<< then halfe roast it, then carve it,
 	Complete the cooking by roasting, (another 1/2 hr?)

 and save the gravy: take store of Onyons, Parsley, sliced Ginger, and Pepper:
 put the gravie into a Pipkin with washt Currins, large Mace, Barberryes, a
 quart of Claret Wine:
 	Take the drippings from the bird Put into a sauce pan.(I'd skim the fat) Add
 	onions, parsley, ginger,pepper, currants (raisins - well, currants) mace(the
 	spice?) barberrys (what are they & where do I get them?) and a qt of wine.

Another suggestion if you don't mind....I would roast it unttil it was only
half done as the recipe specifies because it then goes on to tell you to
finish cooking it in the juices and spices. This process will result in the
mingling and mellowing of the broth and spices as well as allow the broth to
somewhat reduce itself thereby allowing for a hardier and richer sauce.

Ras