SC - Horse

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 12 10:42:34 PST 1998

> Ras wrote:
>
>         >May I gently remind you that California has occasionally passed
> equally >rediculous laws as have a few other states? Those laws are
> significant to >this list only so far as feast planning is concerned. There
> are many places >in the US, as well as the world at large (read WWW) where
> this particular >tasty and wonderful food is still eaten.

Then Christie Sez:

> California with strange laws, never... Aren't they the ones
> discussing outlawing Caesar salads because the risk of poisoning due to
> using raw egg whites??

Gad, I hope not.  It wasn't on the ballot this year, anyways.

One of former Gov. 'Moonbeam' Brown's better decisions was to grant an exemption
to Chinese restaurants preparing Peking Duck in the classic manner, which
apparently involves leaving the duck out of the fridge longer than state law
permitted.  No joke, he actually used his power as governor for the cause of
food authenticity.

Selene
selene at earthlink.net