SC - hemp seeds?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Nov 12 21:48:13 PST 1998

Selene said:
> And until the marijuana laws change, you won't find
> me trying Hempseed as an ingredient either.

Hemp seeds? Have you actually found period recipes using
hemp seeds as an ingredient or garnish? I'd love to have
the referances or more information on this. I have a bunch
of material in my Florilegium on the use of hemp in period,
but nothing on the use of the seeds in cooking. The files
I have are:

hemp-msg          (32K)  4/ 8/97    Use of hemp in period. In ropes, as an
                                      intoxicant, clothing.
hemp-cloth-msg    (23K)  4/ 8/97    Cloth and clothing made with hemp fibers.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net