SC - Re:Hemp Seed again

Philippa Alderton phlip at bright.net
Sat Nov 14 05:40:26 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/13/98 10:33:41 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
LrdRas at aol.com writes:

>  << I don't know why anybody bothers with the damed stuff, >>
>
>  Probably the answer to that is inappropriate for this list. :-)

Actually, the answer IS appropriate for this list, since much of the
information we share comes from a medieval medical point of view.

I suffer from the results of a number of minor injuries, the pain for which
has become cumulative over time, and particularly when I over do. I have
bad ankles, knees, hips, lower back, middle back, upper back, and neck, and
sometimes a combination of overdoing and the weather can place me in agony.
In order to deal with these problems, my MD has given me what is
essentially an open prescription for Flexeril (muscle relaxer), Tylenol
3(painkiller w/codeine) and Motrin (800 mg ibuprofen), but I have found
that there are times when these are not appropriate to use, ie I have to
drive later, or have an exam, or something. Under those circumstances, I
will smoke a bit of happy weed, in order to deal with the pain, since it
only lasts a couple hours, lets me relax and rest, and stimulates my
appetite, which also frequently disappears when the pain becomes intense.
My MD is quite aware of this, and has no objection- he simply reminds me to
be careful about masking the symptoms and overdoing, and to see my
Chiropractor for my regular therapy and adjustments.

Oh, and btw, the penalty for possession of less than 100 g of hemp in Ohio
is $100. It's worth the risk.

Phlip
Caer Frig
Barony of the Middle Marches