SC - Price of feasts (was: Price of butter)

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sat Nov 14 13:16:59 PST 1998

At 11:32 PM -0500 11/12/98, Christine A Seelye-King wrote:
>This brings me back to an issue I have visited before because of this
>very phenomena.  How does one do a feast for prices we set in the 70's or
>80's (5 - 6 dollars a head - does that sound about average for everybody?
>  - and .50 - 1.00 for breakfasts?)  with market costs fluctuating so
>high?

You vary which things you do according to what you can get a good price on
now. Right now, I'm getting a much better price on lamb than I used to be
able to (great if you want to do Islamic). If you take the feast you did
ten years ago and cost it out, it will be noticable more expensive, but if
you start with what is cheap at the moment and design a feast around that,
you will do a lot better.

Elizabeth/Betty Cook