SC - Venison

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Sun Nov 15 22:47:04 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/15/98 6:50:28 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
wulf at hilconet.com writes:

>  	I have an odd request..I need some good medieval recipes for roasts
>  of venison. I am not picky about the method of cooking.

Not Period, but I do have three ideas:

Cover roast in bacon or suet, salt, pepper, parsley, and thyme.  Wrap in
aluminum foil.  Roast over a slow fire.

Cut into steaks (1/2 to 3/4 inch thick), hack meat with the open end of a coca
cola bottle or the weapon of your choice until tenderized and about half as
thick.  Soak overnight in buttermilk.  Add salt and pepper.  Dredge in plain
flour.  Fry in hot oil or lard.

Cut into small chunks and grind with an equal amount of beef suet.  Add
seasonings of your choice.  Make patties and grill over an oak or hickory
fire.

Mordonna DuBois
Kingdom of Atenveldt
Barony of Atenveldt