SC - Recipe warnings was Hemp Recipes

Knott, Deanna Deanna.Knott at GSC.GTE.Com
Mon Nov 16 06:01:22 PST 1998

Hi!

I just finished reading the digests from the weekend.  Christianna asked why
would we cook something with such an ominous warning.  Well, some of the
things have ominous warnings, but it won't hurt everyone.

In Platina, the last line of the recipe for polenta says,'Let Hitius not lap
this up because he takes away much of our sleep with his cry because of the
violent pain in his sides.'  But, when you read the ingredients list, if you
have ever known anyone who had a gall bladder attack in front of you, you
know what is wrong with Hirtius.  He has gall stones.  Dairy/high
cholesterol foods trigger gall bladder attacks when you have stones and the
ingredients for polenta are:

1 lb. absolutely fresh cheese
8-10 eggs
1/2 lb. sugar