SC - A proliferation of venison

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Nov 18 11:17:46 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/18/98 3:19:50 AM Eastern Standard Time, phlip at bright.net
writes:

<< Thank-you, thank-you. Having just got a deer, these recipes are quite
 timely.

 Phlip >>

Wow, this is bizaare. Veison seems to be coming out of the woodwork this week.
About 1:30 this AM, a friend woke me up and lo and behold, he had a huge buck
attached to his fender. Seems like a trucker sort of knocked it out of the
road immediately in front of him and he tied it to the bike rack and brought
it to me. On the way here , he was stopped twice by the state police and after
he told them the story , he was on his merry way again.

We spent until the wee hours skinning and cleaning it. the only meat loss was
the head. :-) Soooo....with 12 th Night feast preparations under way , venison
is the meat of choice. :-)

BTW, in PA , you are allowed to keep venison that you kill with your car. :-)

Ras