Candles (was SC - Price of Feasts (was butter))

kat kat at kagan.com
Wed Nov 18 13:25:21 PST 1998

Ras writes:

> Hmmmm. Srange. I have never heard of this custom in any other kingdom in
> the Known World.

Ahhh, interkingdom anthropology strikes again!  :-)

Here in the fire-leery West, anyone even *considering* using dangerous open flames (i.e., candles) to light a feast table is quickly pulled aside and quietly lectured on fire safety.

You should have seen the look on my face at 3YC when I walked past an  encampment gate devoid of people and marked with tiki torches stuck into stacked hay bales!  Native Westie that I am, I almost fainted...  :-)

	- kat

- --kat griffith, editor--

This is my business address.  Sending files of over 100K in size to this address will result in my being summarily flogged.