SC - Price of Feasts (was butter)

Kiriel & Chris kiriel at cybergal.com
Thu Nov 19 23:44:29 PST 1998

Varju at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/19/1998 2:46:03 AM Mountain Standard Time,
> kiriel at cybergal.com writes:
>
> << In Lochac you get a free space in the Pegasus calendar list, but not
>  free space for a flyer. You want to really attract people to your event,
>  you need a flyer. >>
>
> I'm a bit confused by this idea and am asking this to get some clarification.
> . .does this mean that you have to pay to have your event flyer (article)
> published in the Principality newsletter?  Or am I completely misunderstanding
> what you're saying?
>
> Noemi
> Windkeep Outlands
> Cheyenne Wyoming

That is it exactly.  Rates for Pegasus are: $30, $20 or $15 for a full,
half or quarter A5 page, $7 to reprint a business card.  Principality
events are entitled to up to three full page ads at no charge, but all
other events must pay for a flyer.  For free, you get a little precis of
the event details.

If I recall correctly, Pegasus must (unfortunately) pretty much pay for
itself.  Out of the membership fees that an Australian pays, only a very
small proportion stays in Australia - not enough for Pegasus to run
without help.

Kiriel