SC - Shopping savvy for Feasts-revisited

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Nov 21 15:06:37 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/21/98 7:37:17 AM Eastern Standard Time, meadhbh at io.com
writes:

<< For me, I would rather pay a bit more for an item then skimp on taste.
 Extra virgin olive oil may cost more but the flavor when used in a salad
 dressing or for dipping bread (love those italians) is wonderful, delicate
 and worth the extra money.

 meadhbh >>

A certain amount of descretion is , of course, expected. However, a good cook
should be able to use judgement when purchasing ingredients.Why use Pledge
when lemon oil is half the price and a superior product? Sadly, a goodly
number of SCA cooks are influenced in their purchasing habits by current
irrelevant 'healththy eating' considerations or a false sense of what is good
or bad based on media hype and commercial bombardment.

Ras