SC - SC-Sausage/Powder Douce

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Nov 22 21:14:58 PST 1998

Aoife replied to my comments:
> >Thank you. This is a wonderful idea and much cheaper than the metal meat
> >grinders/sausage stuffers I saw advertised. This sounds especially good
> >for someone who would like to try sausage making but doesn't know if they
> >want to do a lot of it.
>
> >Stefan li Rous
>
> Stefan, an even easier method is to use a plastic kitchen funnel. It is
> devoid of the ridges that could get in the way of threading the casings
> properly onto the stuffer tube. When you are talking 8mm casings, it's not
> a risk I'd want to take.

But do they make plastic kitchen funnels with large openings? The ones I
remember seeing all have snouts only about the size of a finger or less
in diameter. Wouldn't this really slow down the sausage stuffing compared
to that of a 2-litter or 3-litter soda bottle, which are closer in size
to what I thought the sausage casing diameter is?

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous
  stefan at texas.net