SC - Long pepper substitute

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Sun Nov 22 06:58:19 PST 1998

hi all from Anne-Marie

Meadhbh sez re: long peppers...At 09:58 PM 11/21/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I do know that The Spice guy in Seattle has it. I lost his email address...
>Anne-Marie.. if you are out there... Please post it!
>He carries it. I do think the Pepperers guild does as well.

Ask and ye shall recieve.
The email for Tony Hill, proprieter of Worldspice is hill at worldspice.com.
They have a website ( believe its something like www.worldspice.com) too,
and do mailorder.

If you cant get it, I usually sub in fresh black pepper (they're very
expensive, and so I hesitate to use them when the results with good freshly
ground peppercorns are indistinguishable, at least to my palate.)_

Good luck!
- --Anne-Marie