SC - period cheese making

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Nov 1 21:27:49 PST 1998

Sindara asked:
> I have a recipe for making cheese which uses lemon juice as the curdling
> agent.  Is this a period method?  If not, does anyone have a period recipe
> to make cheese.

I know the lemon juice is mentioned twice in my cheesemaking-msg file but
I don't know if there are period referances or not. You might want to
check these files in the FOOD section of my Florilegium:

cheese-msg        (72K)  6/12/98    Medieval cheese. Recipes.
Cheese-Making-art (30K)  9/29/97    "Cheese Making for the Compleat Novice" by
                                       Lady Aoife Finn.
cheesemaking-msg  (20K)  6/12/98    Comments and info. on cheesemaking. Recipes.

My files can be found on the web at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net