SC - feastware question - glass

Kiriel & Chris kiriel at cybergal.com
Wed Nov 4 00:47:52 PST 1998

I apologise for the very belated reply to a question on Viking
glassware.

I had not forgotten, I just made the mistake of installing Frontpage
onto my computer which made it crash in a big way.

However, much to my excitement, I have found the most WONDERFUL site on
the internet.  You can buy what look like truly superb replicas of
period glassware.  My jaw dropped when I saw some of this glassware, it
was so identical to the originals I have in my books.  Check it out!:

http://www.northerner.com/scanglas.html

If I get a credit card, boy oh boy will it take a beating from this
site!

Also of interest to the glassier types is this site on the web, it
contains a brief historical look at glass

http://www.ftech.net/~regia/glass.htm

and this site, which is the remains of a byzantine shipwreck excavation,
which has some interesting things, including a heap of lamps which look
remarkably similar to some that are fashionable right now as candle
holders.

http://nautarch.tamu.edu/INA/sl-glass.htm

Once more I apologise for the delay in providing this information.

Kiriel