SC - period wines

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Nov 4 07:19:31 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/4/98 1:33:17 AM Eastern Standard Time, allilyn at juno.com
writes:

<< s there a web site with the history of alcohol?  I seem to keep
 'reinventing the wheel' every time I have a question about which wines,
 etc., which places and which times.  We need more time lines in this
 society!   >>

I posted several notes on this topic a few months back. I don't know if Stefan
collected it for his floalegium or not. Unfortunately I never save my own
posts so I will have to rewrite them. If they are not available at the rialto
site or if someone else doesn't powt the info I will repost it probably
tomorrow evening.

In the meantime, to tantalize you, the folowing grape varieties have been
grown since at least Roman times> Granache, Merlot, Cabernet Saunignon,
Cabernet Franc, Pinot Grigio. There are many wines on the market today that
are produced by the same wineries that produced them in the middle ages with
little or no change in their compostion. I will include a list of these also.

Ras