SC - 2 squabs from 1 (longish)

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Nov 4 07:54:22 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/4/98 9:39:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Deanna.Knott at GSC.GTE.Com writes:

<<  (Now you all are going to
 tell me CGH's are pigeons on steroids, right? ;-) >>

Nope. Cornish game hens are a modern breed of birds that are sent to market
when they reach about 2  to 2 and a half pounds resulting in a finished weight
of 18 to 22 ounces. I find them an exceptable substitute for 'small birds' in
period recipes when robins, starlings, pigeons are not to be found in field or
market. :-)

Ras