FW: SC - making sausages

Decker, Margaret margaret at Health.State.OK.US
Wed Nov 4 13:11:57 PST 1998

- ----------
Dottie Elliott wrote.

I have been learning to make various sausages (form period sources) and I
need a little advice.  When I am stuffing them I twist the sausage skin
several times between each link and it holds for awhile. Yet while cooking,
some of the links untwist.  It still tastes fine but doesn't look as nice. I
tried tieing each link with string until after it was cooked and that worked
but it takes a lot of string and time. Is there a trick to twisting the
links I don't know?
Clarissa

Try knotting the casing as you would thread instead of twisting.
Margarite