SC - An old recipie memory

Stapleton, Jeanne jstaplet at mail.law.du.edu
Wed Nov 4 16:27:24 PST 1998

My late husband,  Knikolos,  used to make this dish he called Eggs
Goldenrod.  It was toast, buttered.  Then you took a hard boiled egg and
separated the yolk from the white.  You took a fork and mashed each of
them until they were crumbly.  Then, you took the white and put a layer
on the toast, then a smaller layer of the yolk.  I think he finished it
off with a cheese sauce, but I wouldn't swear to that.  (Maybe
hollandaise?)

Does this recipie sound familiar to anyone?  Do I have it right?  We are
trying to come up with egg alternatives to bacon and, so I am racking my
memories for variations.
	Christianna

	Yessss, and I love eggs goldenrod.  Hmmm...

	Actually, the way I was shown to do it was toast, egg whites,
	sause, then yolks dusted/crumbled over the top for the
"goldenrod"
	effect.

	Berengaria, having a new outlook on dinner tonight.

	P.S.--i've had both cheese and hollandaise and once a weird
	"supreme" sauce that Iwouldn't recommend.