SC - Butter?

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Nov 9 19:02:46 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/9/98 1:44:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
MGroulx at NRCan.gc.ca writes:

<< I don't get it? Is there something wrong with amercian butter? Btw, butter
 is freezable.

 Micaylah >>

In a nut shell, yes. Most butter available in the USA is the disgusting stuff
labeled 'sweet creamery butter'. This is made from fresh cream as opposed to
slightly fermented cream.

Leaving the butter cream set out over night to sour is how butter was
originally made until the dairy industry decided it 'saves' time to do it the
other way. The resulting 'sweet butter' product is for the most part tasteless
when compared to butter made in the traditional way. Thankfully, there are
some states where butter can be gotten that is still  made the 'right' way.
West Virginia is one of them and I always stock up on butter when I  go to WV.
Another good source for good butter is the Amish.

Ras