SC - SC RE: Bread soup Bowls

Christi Redeker Christi.Redeker at digital.com
Wed Nov 11 07:08:30 PST 1998

On Sat, 7 Nov 1998, LYN M PARKINSON wrote:
> Bear,
> You speak of leaking bowls.  At Pennsic, a merchant, called _The Bread
> Bowl_ (go figure) makes several kinds of stew and serves them to
> customers.  [...]
> As there aren't
> dribbly trails all over Pennsic, there must be some way to keep the bowls
> from leaking for, say, 45 minutes?
> Allison
> allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA
> Kingdom of Aethelmearc

An option to get the crust so it doesn't leak is to brush the dough with egg
white (I add a bit of garlic to mine to add flavor to the crust).  I have
made many soup and dip bowls this way. You also have to make sure that you
don't pull all the bread of the inside, they will leak much faster if you
don't leave enough bread in them.

Murkial