SC - Fw: [Mid] Society Equestrian Newsletter! (fwd)

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 11 11:43:05 PST 1998

I really have to worry when the equestrian notices show up on the cooks' list.
We just voted against use of horses for human consumption here in California.

Okay, it's period.  The Bayeaux Tapestry has a panel showing a cook leading
several animals off to the rotisserie, and one of the food-beasts is clearly a
horse.  A fat little pony, clearly not a Knight's Charger.  However... just
because it's period, doesn't mean I want to eat it.

Lady Selene Colfox, Caid
not an equivore
selene at earthlink.net

Philippa Alderton forwarded: