SC - Isles Anniv Feast

S.Albert salbert at ptialaska.net
Wed Nov 11 21:42:11 PST 1998

>Hello everybody,

snippage

>Thank you to all the folks who already responded to my cry for help.  So far I
>have come up with the following tenative menu - but I still want commentary.
>I have about one month to tweak and test recipes. Any ideas will be welcome.
>Isles Anniversary Feast Menu:
>'Roasted' Salmon with Wine Sauce (Take a 1000 eggs or more)
>Roast Chicken (Platina)
>Braised Beef (Take a 1000 eggs or more)
>Mushroom Pasties (Goodman of Paris)
>Armored Turnips (Platina)
>Green Pesen Royal (Ancient Cookery)
>Salat (haven't chose one yet)
>Zabarbada of Fresh Cheese (Andalusian) - still looking for a more "english"
>cheese goo sauce
>Sauce Gauncely (Take a 1000 eggs or more)
>Sauce for Shoulder of Mutton (Take a 1000 eggs or more)
>Sorrel Sauce (Take a 1000 eggs or more) - will have to taste test this one,
>see if it goes with anything served above.
>Cream Custard Tart (Take a 1000 eggs or more)
>Fried Fig Pastries (Curye)
>Cream Bastarde (Take a 1000 eggs or more)
>Fruit Slices Fried for Lent (To the Kings Taste)
>Various butters (including Rum & Brown sugar one)
>Sippets
>Various fresh breads and other pastries
>
>Lady "Oh my god, what have I gotten myself into this time!" Kinuko
>In service to the Dream and good food.
>>^..^<
It all looks terrific, but where *are* you getting the rum and brown sugar!

Morgana

PS: I'm not sure I updated this list, so if you've read this before, just
skip it. As some of you know (thanks for the messages, I got them in the
hospital when I was a little too groggy yet to appreciate them), I had
emergency abdominal surgery about a month ago. I'm recovering well, and the
problem was fixable by surgery. No complications, just the standard
problems of recovery. I've started back to work, very part time. And am
glad to still be here. Thanks again for the well-wishing. It was much
appreciated!

Morgana yr Oerfa, Baroness      *     Sharron Albert
Winter's Gate/Oertha/West       *     salbert at ptialaska.net
Per saltire gules and sable,    *     Babylon 5/science fiction
in pale two mullets and         *     (astrology/tarot)
in fess an increscent           *     I saw nothing unusual in the teacher's
and a decrescent argent.        *          lounge. --Bart Simpson