SC - OT? Price of Butter

Christi Redeker Christi.Redeker at digital.com
Fri Nov 13 07:42:07 PST 1998

Ras wrote:

>>The federal government used to regulate the butter industry by buying all
the
>>surplus butter. When the regulations were rescinded , the industry was
>>unable to cope with 'supply and demand'. They have only enough butter
>>stockpiled to provide the population for 30 days. As the holidays approach
>>comsumer demand will skyrocket causing even more shortages and >>resulting
higher prices. There was an article in the paper 2 weeks ago >>explaining
all of this better than I am. :-( Anyway, an industry spokesman >>admitted
they made an error and don't know how to fix it. In the meantime >>we get
the 'benefits of higher and higher butter prices with production unable >>to
meet dejmand. :-(

MAkes me really glad I buy 5 pounds at a time and freeze them.  Also,
recently our grocery store have had Buy 1 get one free on butter.  I have
about 8 pounds in my freezer.

Murkial