SC - Re:Hemp Seed again

Shari Burnham pndarvis at execpc.com
Wed Nov 18 13:41:49 PST 1998

well, I can relate modern but not period cooking to that.  When I lived in the
beautiful and wonderful city of Manhatten, my neighbors (5 guys) baked brownies
and other foods with the substance on a regular basis, including soups, breads,
and "herbed" butter.  Didn't know it was in the bread, tasted like rosemary
bread.  apparently, they always added it to the melted butter of whatever they
were cooking, or to the stock of the soup.  I also found out they gave my cat
the bowl to lick the butter/mj mix with their cats.  Explains why my kitten was
so mellow.  Anyone find period recipes using the dried leaves?  I also have a
great tale about my elderly Lebanese neighbor and coffee in London. . . .and the
block of hashish used to flavor it. (much to my surprise!)