SC - Price of Feasts (was butter)

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Wed Nov 18 23:19:49 PST 1998

We aren't in the custom, in AEthelmearc, the East or the Mid, of buying
candles--the diners bring their own or sit in darkness.  For one event I
autocratted (before we had Event Stewards or whatever they are nowadays)
I did blow a bundle (private money, not event money) on marked down
pillar candles after Christmas.  I put them in the window recesses, on
the dessert tables, on side tables--it looked great, added a great deal
to the atmosphere, and dis-spelled large dark areas.  Those of us in the
habit of coming in a little under budget because we've learned how to
shop, and have good resources, really ought to think about buying extra
candles.  Extra, not replacing the candles we still expect the diners to
bring.  It adds so much to our events.

What surprised me about the Lochac post was buying space in the
newsletter.  We don't have to do that--the events are each listed as a
matter of course.  There may be some places that rent chairs, tables, and
cook ware, but I don't know of any.

Regards,

Allison
allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA