OT - Re: SC - Venison

Brenna sunnie at exis.net
Thu Nov 19 04:04:41 PST 1998

Varju at aol.com wrote:

> OK. . .humerous true "deer meets vehicle" story from my neck of the woods. . .
>
> A gentleman was driving  his sports utility vehicle through the forest near
> Jackson Hole. He rounds a coener and sees a young White-tail buck standing in
> his lane.  He is going relatively slow, so he brakes and tries to dodge deer.
> Deer dodges same direction, gets hit and slides up over hood, through
> windshield, and into the passenger seat.  Both deer and driver sustained minor
> cuts and bruises.
>
> Of course Jackson Hole is where they had a moose get stuck in an empty
> swimming pool. . .
>
> Noemi
> Outlands

Nother true story...ever hear about the guy who hits a deer, thinks it's dead, and
puts it in the back of his truck (which has a cap) to drive to town and report
it.  On the way, the deer wakes up (it's stunned, not dead--how do you find a
pulse on a deer again?) and reaches his head through the window into the cab where
it begins biting the driver and kicking the cap to get out.  He pulls over to a
pay phone, gets out and calls 911 (I've heard the 911 call on this) for an
ambulance for himself and animal control to get the deer out of the truck (okay,
he's not crazy enough to let it out himself).  WHile he's on the phone, a local
dog  who smells the deer on him and his blood and is very excited and confused
begins biting his leg.  All the while this guy is trying to beat off the dog and
talk to the 911 operator.  This one made national news a few years back.

Talk about bad luck!
Brenna