SC - Exchange rates--OOP

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Nov 19 13:13:57 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/19/98 4:35:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Mordonna22 at aol.com writes:

<<  Then they aren't the same goods.

 But there WOULD still be trade!  Whether the goods were the same or not.

 Mordonna >>

This causes me to remember the recent state of of affairs regarding the
importation of  Stoli vodka under the Soviet Union before it's collapse. At
that time Pepsi was importing Stoli ounce for ounce in exchange for Pepsi-
Cola. Mind you, Pepsi was charging US citizens 15 dollars retail for a product
that they traded an equivalent of 75 cents for.

<sigh> And we wonder why the world hates us? Not I!

Ras