SC - Chef's training

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Nov 19 13:53:31 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/19/98 2:54:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
memorman at oldcolo.com writes:

<< Going in, he could
 do real good macaroni and cheese casseroles - coming out he can plan,
 budget, buy, and cook absolutely anything.  >>

But can he butcher AND cook a chicken or a goat? Does he know how to prepare a
dinner of collected wild herbs or which ones to collect?

This is not an opinion about your relative. I am sure and in fact I know many
people who are very good cooks BUT the majority of professionally trained
cookes are specifically knowledgeable in commercial food service from my
experience.

The nuances that I am trying to describe are subtle and I am having a hard
time finding the words to describe what I mean. Please forgive me. :-(

Ras