SC - SC-Sausage/Powder Douce

LHG, JRG liontamr at ptd.net
Fri Nov 20 07:21:48 PST 1998

Stefan, an even easier method is to use a plastic kitchen funnel. It is
devoid of the ridges that could get in the way of threading the casings
properly onto the stuffer tube. When you are talking 8mm casings, it's not
a risk I'd want to take.

BTW, Morgan, we *did* get the casings thoroughly wet before we stuffed
them, right? Rinsed them quite well inside and out, getting rid of salt, if
that's how they were packed?

And we also used meat that had been ground and held at the proper
temperatures (ie ground just at the freezing point, and mixed and used
immediately) so that we wouldn't need any of that nasty prague powder that
wards off bacterial infection (I hate medecine in my food)?

Sorry if all this has already been gone over, but I have been a little busy
lately and the posts have been getting away from me a bit.

Aoife