SC - hemp laws

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Nov 22 11:10:21 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/22/98 11:54:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca writes:

<< Are you talking about pharmaceutical thc or pot here?>>

Pot. Pharmeceutical THC has not been shown to be nearly as effective as the
natural herb. Which really doesn't surprise me in the least since THC is only
one of myriad compounds present in C. sativa.

<<Marijuana should be legalized for most reasons you have just cited, but
again perhaps this topic is not appropriate for this venue?>>

Depnds. First the case for decriminalization is stronger than either case
unless you are a business man or recieve your liveliood from harassing
citizens who enjoy plants. The subject of medicinal marijuana use would indeed
be somewhat more appropriate for the herbal-list. However, the subject of it's
use in cooking is very appropriate, IMO.

 <<Micaylah
 -who would not dream of purposely offending the conservative element on this
List->>

You have more will power than I who dreams every night of how I could possibly
eliminate that subversive element from any venue in which it rears it ugly
head  I certainly don't feel obligated to stifle my own or anyone elses inate
freedom of speech to make nice to persons of that particularly insidiuos and
repressive faction.

Ras