SC - Medieval Hanukah/Purim

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Sun Nov 1 12:00:47 PST 1998

Greetings My Lord Ras from Phillipa Seton,
First, what a lovely opening greeting! Thank you most kindly for your sweet
words!

>  Most beautiful Shining Star of the Desert, m'Lady Phillipa, I wish you good
>  health and well-being as we enter into the new year.

Now, I did not know that you were interested in religious cooking customs.  I
have a book titled: "Jewish Life in the Middle Ages".  I will go through it as
soon as I can and see if there are any tidbits that might interest you.

 > One of my areas of interest is religious cooking customs and their
origins.>

BTW, what was the name of the book in the original post?  The title escapes me
& I cannot find the original post among my emails.   When you read Jeff Smith
on Jewish recipes/information, be careful.  He has made a few mistakes in the
past.  (My brother-in-law, who is ultra kosher & likes to cook, caught them.)
And I would like to ask, why would not the Bible be acceptable as a period
source?
Have a lovely week & enjoy the Fall colors outside My Lord & everyone else on
the list.
Respectfully, Phillipa