SC - newcomer help

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Nov 1 20:36:47 PST 1998

Amy asked:

> I'm a newcomer to SCA and to this list ... I haven't even been to my first
> event yet! I'm about to move to the Kingdom of Atlantia, and as a serious
> hobbyist cook, would like to get involved with the SCA on a culinary level.
> Is
> there anyone on this list in Atlantia (I'll be living, I understand in
> Storvik) who might be willing to impart some info to me to help me get
> started? I'll confess to great bewilderment at present....

There are several sections in my SCA-Florilegium files that might be of use
to you.

First, take a look at the NEWCOMER section which has some useful overview
files on the SCA and some ideas specifically aimed at newcomers.

The PERSONA section has some files useful on developing your persona name
and place.

Finally, as a cook, the sections on FOOD, FOOD-SWEETS and BEVERAGES will
probably be of interest.

Please let me know if I can answer any questions or direct you to particular
items.

My files can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Lord Stefan li Rous