SC - period jam and pudding

Sharon R. Saroff sindara at pobox.com
Tue Nov 3 10:06:50 PST 1998

I posted the question concerning period jam because someone told me
recently that it would not have been period due to the amounts of sugar
involved. After reading Renata's article on rose conserve I am wondering if
I can deduce that jam was indeed a period item, though late period.

I have a recipe for plum jam and one for fig jam that I would like to enter
in Laurel Prize.  Both call for moderate amounts of sugar.  Perhaps if I
used other sweetening agents they mighy be considered more period.

Sindara